Translation of Surah Al-Mulk (The Sovereignty)
Translation of Surah Al-Mulk compiled by Hafiz Ghulam Haider Ali Qadri . May Allah سبحانه و تعالى rewards his efforts immensely. Ameen.
In Allah’s Name we begin, The Compassionate, The Most Merciful
Peace and Blessings on his Messenger
- The Possessor of all blessings is He in whose divine authority is the entire universe, and He has divine power over all things.
- He who created death and life, so that you may be tried as to which of you is best in deeds and it is He alone who is the Most Honourable and Most Forgiving.
- (He) who created seven heavens, one layer above the other, so do you see any inconsistency in the creation of the Most Compassionate? Thus, raise your sight (observe) again; can you see any disorder?
- Then raise your sight again and again; your sight will return to you unsuccessful, whilst it is exhausted.
- And verily, We have adorned the heaven of the earth with lamps (stars) and We have made these missiles against the devils and We have kept ready for them the torment of the raging inferno.
- And for those who disbelieve in their Creator; for them is the torment of Hell and what a miserable destination it is!
- When they shall be thrown therein, they will hear its loud moaning, as it rages.
- It seems as it if will explode with immense fury. Whenever a group will be thrown in it, its wardens will ask them; “Did there not come to you a warner?”
- They will say: “Yes, indeed there came to us a warner, but we rejected (him) and said: “Allah has not revealed anything, you are only in a great misguidance.”
- And they will say: “Had we listened or used our intelligence; we would not have been among the inmates of Hellfire.”
- They will then confess their sins, hence doomed be the inmates of Hellfire.
- Verily, those who fear their Lord (sustainer) without seeing (Him) they shall surely have forgiveness and a great reward.
- And whether you hide your words or say it audibly, surely, He certainly knows what is in the hearts.
- Does He who created, know not? And (yet) it is He who is the knower of the minutest detail, the All Aware.
- It is He who made the earth subservient to you. Therefore, go about walking in its pathways and eat sustenance provided by Him. And to Him is the resurrection (judgement after death).
- Have you become fearless of Him in whose divine control are the heavens; that He will not cause you to sink in to the earth, whenever it quakes (earthquakes)?
- Or have you become fearless of Him in whose divine control are the heavens that He will not rain down upon you a barrage of stones, as a punishment? So, you will know (realise) how (intense) was my warning.
- And certainly, those before them rejected (the truth). Then how was my disapproval.
- Have they not seen the birds above them spreading and closing their wings? None keeps them airborne, except the Most Compassionate. Undoubtedly, He sees everything.
- Or, which army is there of yours, that will assist you besides the Most Compassionate. The unbelievers are not but in self-deception.
- Or, who is it that will grant you sustenance, if he withholds his provisions? Nay, but they are obstinate in defiance and disdain.
- So, is he who walks upside down, flat on his face, truly guided, or one who walks upright, upon a straight path?
- Say (O Beloved Prophet): It is He who brought you in to being and created for you the ears and the eyes and the hearts; how little it is that you give in thanks.
- Say (O Beloved Prophet): It is He who multiplies you in the earth and to Him you shall be gathered (resurrected).
- And they say: “when will this promise materialise, if you are truthful?”
- Say (O Beloved Prophet): “The knowledge thereof is with Allah and (to the very same) I am a clear warner.”
- Then, when they will see it come near, the faces of the unbelievers will become distorted, and it will be said to them: “this is that which you used to ask for.”
- Say (O Beloved Prophet): “Have you considered that if Allah will cause my destruction and of those who are with me. Rather, He will have mercy on us; yet who is it that will protect the unbelievers from a painful punishment?”
- Say (O Beloved Prophet): “He is the Most Affectionate; We have faith in Him and on Him (entirely) do we rely. So, you will come to know, who is in clear misguidance.”
- Say (O Beloved Prophet): “Have you considered; if your water were to sink into the ground, in the morning, then who is it that could bring, before your eyes, flowing water to you?”
Compiled by Hafiz Ghulam Haider Ali Qadri
Waltham Forest Islamic Association
14th April 2021 / 1st Ramadan 1442 AH
For any questions or queries regarding any information in this article, please email us at email@example.com
WFIA Ask Imam & Ask Alimah Service
For any Islamic question, whether social, domestic, academic etc
our Imams and Alimahs can answer them for you
and click the Ask Imam or Ask Alima tab
to contact our Imams or Alimahs directly